CIC News » 2012 » November » Canada Announces Immigration Levels for Next Year

Nov

2012

Canada Announces Immigration Levels for Next Year

November, 2012

The Canadian Minister of Immigration, Jason Kenney, has presented the Annual Report on Immigration to Parliament. In this report, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) examined immigration levels for 2012 and set goals for the upcoming fiscal year. The goals laid out in this report will play an important role in shaping Canada’s immigration policies on both local and national levels.

Immigration Levels for 2013

Overall immigration to Canada is expected to remain stable, with between 240,000 and 265,000 new Permanent Resident visas to be issued in the upcoming year. 2013 will be the seventh consecutive year that immigration targets are set at this level. This ensures that Canada will maintain its place once more as the G8 country with the highest level of immigration.

The following chart outlines CIC’s targets for the 2013 fiscal year. Note that these figures are for visa issuance, not numbers of applications accepted for review:

Although overall immigration goals will remain the same, intake goals for some specific programs have been adjusted. Most notably, quotas for the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) have been raised from 6,000-7,000 in 2012 to 10,000 for the upcoming year. This has been done in an effort to better assist foreign students and workers already residing in Canada who wish to pursue Canadian Permanent Residency.

Immigration Levels and the Skilled Worker Programs

The popular Federal Skilled Class (FSWC) will experience slight changes in its immigration target for 2013. This year, the program is expected to issue between 55,000 and 57,000 Permanent Resident visas. The goal for 2013 has been lowered slightly, with a desired range of between 53,500 and 55,300 visas. Despite this slight change, the program will remain the largest Permanent Residency path to Canada.

Given that the FSWC will issue fewer visas next year, potential applicants may face a tighter race to submit their applications in a timely fashion. According to Attorney David Cohen, some individuals have already begun preparing in advance to ensure that their applications are submitted quickly when the 2013 intake cycle begins.

The Quebec Skilled Worker (QSW) Program will maintain its target goals for 2013. It is the third largest program for Canadian Permanent Residency, after the FSW and the combined Provincial Nominee Programs. The QSW program is currently open and accepting applications from individuals with experience in one of 110 areas of training/fields of study.

The 2013 Federal Skilled Worker Program Eligibility Criteria

The government has already unveiled many changes to the FSWC that are expected to come into force on January 1st, 2013. The new points system for the FSWC was announced in the Canada Gazette in August 2012. As of now, the following components will be required in an FSWC application:

• Applicants will need to obtain 67 points on a new, updated point grid
  • Applicants will need to have at least 1 year of full-time work experience in the last 10 years
  • Applicants will be required to demonstrate at least Adequate-Intermediate language proficiency in English or French (Canadian Language Benchmark: 7)
  • Applicants must have their foreign educational credentials authenticated and assessed for their Canadian equivalency

Some aspects of the FSWC program have yet to be announced. These include the following:

• While the new selection criteria is expected to take effect in January, it has not yet been announced when exactly the government will begin accepting applications for review.
  • No organization has yet been designated by CIC to conduct foreign education credential evaluations for the purposes of Canadian immigration
  • In recent years caps or limits have been placed on the number of applications accepted for review. While no cap has been announced yet, it is very possible that such a measure will be implemented. Some proactive individuals are already preparing their applications so as to submit well before a potential quota is filled.

While not a complete picture, the Annual Report to Parliament on Immigration nevertheless sets a tone for immigration in both 2013 and the years to follow. Moving forward, CIC has taken care to make sure this tone is clear: immigrants are, as always, welcome in Canada.

To find out whether you are eligible for the FSWC, QSW, or any of the over 60 Canadian immigration programs, please fill out a free online assessment.

Sabah Dawoud November 14, 2012 at 9:55 am

What is the number of immigration visas CA is going to issue from the Libyan nationals for 2013? is there certain fixed number of immigrants from Libya?

shumaila November 14, 2012 at 10:11 am

i need to know i applied in 2005 i get my file no but still my application status is in progress, now what the immigration department will do for the earlier applications.
Regards

Asad Ashfaq November 14, 2012 at 10:27 am

My question is do I need to give IELTS test for immigration whereas I am an Engineer Mechanical got a 13 Years experience and throughout my medium of studies was English.Please clarify?
regards
Asad

Mehdi Abbas November 14, 2012 at 10:30 am

Are the current FSW forms still applicable or those will be modified as well. Also, what are the supporting documents required if someone wants to start preparing for the application for 2013.

Biman Saha November 14, 2012 at 10:45 am

Dear Sir,
Many thanks for your news letter.

Thanks and regards,
Biman Saha

Haileab Kifle Haile November 14, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Dear Mr Cohen,

One of the requirements of FSWC is “language proficiency in English”. Apart from my university studies I have been using it as working language in my 16 years service with the UN. How do i demonstrate that i am proficient in the language?

Please advice.

Thanks and best regards

Haileab

NAVEED KAMAL November 14, 2012 at 2:14 pm

we want go to canada l like very much l love canada

pumbu November 14, 2012 at 2:33 pm

merci

Md. jamal hossain November 14, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Dear David Cohen,
I am very glad to search your web site and I am able to know valuable information from it. I would like to inform you, I applied for permanent residence in Canada in 2011,December. I got acknowledgement letter in the date of 1 march,2012. After then, I have not get any news such as medical letter. Here, I want to know, can you give me an idea what will happen next. I mean, how long it will take to get medical letter.
I highly request to you for knowing about the matter.
I am looking forward to your kind response.

bola adedugbe November 14, 2012 at 3:20 pm

applicants who applied for immigrant visas since 2007,what is there fate ?

HQMET November 14, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Thans you

Tatu Engelbert Yimnai November 14, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Thanks so much for all these information and for my Canadian News. I will be grateful if am one of the lucky once to pick up the immigration VISA.

DAVID November 14, 2012 at 4:59 pm

I just want to know the mention of the sentence below.

■Applicants will need to obtain 67 points on a new, updated point grid

sunday ndubuisi November 14, 2012 at 5:04 pm

I want to study over there.help me

sonu November 14, 2012 at 5:18 pm

is there any change in ielts band requirement ?

BALAJI GOPALAN November 14, 2012 at 5:31 pm

how can we approach the suitable employer and we are unable to get contacts properly. we are specialized in heavy equipments like CAT & Komatsu machines and Drill machine experienced … pls help us

Gavin Beaton November 14, 2012 at 5:49 pm

I am age 41 and want to no if my age range is acceptable and this time in the new Ruleing that is exspected in January.

OKE-NDUKWU MICHAEL November 14, 2012 at 6:31 pm

I want to be there by next year…

OKE-NDUKWU MICHAEL November 14, 2012 at 6:32 pm

How do I earn these points?
■Applicants will need to obtain 67 points on a new, updated point grid

MEGRA November 14, 2012 at 11:49 pm

How about The IMMIGRANTS 1/ Who are here for 12 years and there Application for Permanent resedence still pending ?

2/ How about Teh CR , living in Canada for 12 years Working very hard to bring there family to Canada ?[ Working hard paying TAX , contributing CPP , having RRSP and would not take advantege of EI , Rspecting Canadian LAW of living as an immigrant in Canada and additionaly not knowen to Canadian RCMP ] ?

3/ How about The re uniting of Fmily members abroad ? It is may be un beliveble to wait for 12 years to reunit with a family

ANY WAY GOD BLESS CANAD , WHEN I CAME TO CANADA I HAD 200 US DOLLR IN MY POCKET , AFTER 12 YEARS HARD WORK …….I AM SIMPLY SPEACHLESS , ADDITIONALY I HAVE EDUCATIONG MY CHILDREN IN BACK HOME . THREE OF THEM ATTENDING IN THE BEST UNIVERSTY IN BACK HOME .

Ifeanyi C. Agu November 15, 2012 at 12:35 am

Thanks for this update. All my documents and that of my dependants; wife and child are ready.

My wife has taken IELTS and she smashed it brilliantly. We are ready now to be part of the great nation- Canada.

amalayer November 15, 2012 at 2:31 am

You guys really don’t read ~_~
NOTE: We welcome your comments on the news article above. However, we do not respond to specific questions in this space. If you have a question, you may Contact Us If you want to know if you qualify for Canadian immigration, you may complete our Free Assessment

it’s just above the box where you entered your comments

Banaras Khan November 15, 2012 at 4:12 am

I have applied for the canadian immirgation under the FSWC in year 2006. Whenever I cheked my status (on-line) ” its written-in process’

I don’t what to do -sheer confusion !

ghada November 15, 2012 at 4:12 am

I hope to be next year in Canada with my lovely family………thanks

samreen November 15, 2012 at 4:15 am

In this program Dentist requirement applicable?

Md. Moksed Ali November 15, 2012 at 4:25 am

I would like to know when you are going to reopen IT skilled person for Canadian immigration?

Rafiq November 15, 2012 at 5:11 am

Can someone please update what is the status of applications filed during 2005 as status is still showing “IN PROCESS”.

Please advise…

Tahir Ali November 15, 2012 at 6:01 am

Dear sir, I applied in Dec 2007 as FSW(under economic calss) . Through online status my applicatin is still in process in the london office since January 2011. What option i should select either i filled the fee refund form or wait backlog decision?

Tahir ali
Islamabad Pakistan

Anil kathi November 15, 2012 at 7:13 am

hiow do i earn points?

Farhat Stephen November 15, 2012 at 7:37 am

Dear Sir,

I have applied for immegration in 2006, I have received the acknowgement but so far there is no news.

Regards,

Stephen

pappu chhetry November 15, 2012 at 7:45 am

This is a great news but is there any age bar or qualification required in perticular?

manan mehta November 15, 2012 at 8:41 am

I had already given ielts test and securd 7 band overall but as per the new gazette it requires minimum of 7 in all abilities. Now the confusion is thai had secured 7 n 7.5 in two out of four abilities where as in rest i had secured 6 and 6.5 so do i have to appeatr for ielts again or the band wich i secured will do? Hoping prompt n positive response.

sangam kuikel November 15, 2012 at 11:20 am

we want go to canada l like very much l love canada. I want to be there by next year

vicky November 15, 2012 at 11:52 am

greetings
thanks sir
for this valuable informaion

barz November 15, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Dear Atty. Cohen,

Good day! Thanks for the news. It’s good at least its moving…Just want to ask if the latter is for new applicants only? what about those who applied on 2007,, what will happen to them? Coz’ honestly I am oneof those who applied during this year. I hope we will be given a chance. Tnx…

Harun-Or-Rashid November 15, 2012 at 6:16 pm

How can I Go There ?

Chie November 15, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Dear Mr. Cohen,

Thank you very much for this update. I have done a free online assessment thru your website and got a very positve feedback from you. Cant wait for the opening of FSWC program early next year. Hopefully, i will get lucky!

Good luck to all of us!!!

Regina November 15, 2012 at 10:14 pm

■In recent years caps or limits have been placed on the number of applications accepted for review. While no cap has been announced yet, it is very possible that such a measure will be implemented. Some proactive individuals are already preparing their applications so as to submit well before a potential quota is filled.
==========================
Sorry but this is NOT TRUE. The Minister has answered this question couple of times already, and his anwer was “There will not be caps or lists of acceptable occupations for FSW (Trades is a different matter).

Also, what you can prepare “in anticipation” is not clear from this article. If only they are talking about taking IELTS test in advance and to start collecting documents (marriage certificates, diplomas, work references). Otherwise, without approved institutions for education evaluation, you cannot do much.

Regina November 15, 2012 at 10:18 pm

My question is do I need to give IELTS test
=======================
Everybody has to take IELTS test, including Englishmen and Americans, even if the only language they know is their mother tongue- English.

Anil Loomba November 16, 2012 at 4:18 am

Dear David,

I have applied for immigration to Canada and got my File No. In August 2005 from
Canadian High Commission, New Delhi, India. How much time more is expected
to take in my case.

Regards,

Anil Kumar Loomba

ALTAF November 16, 2012 at 7:09 am

Regards

Saeid November 16, 2012 at 7:37 am

as the applicants have to present their proficiency in English I would ask you to draw new table for point system here.
thanks in advance

Khondoker shafiul Azam November 16, 2012 at 8:03 am

My dream , I want to be there by next year…

ahmad November 16, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Dear Sir/Miss

I would like to ask you i had my papers done,and interview passed with an average of 56/59 and applied in 2010 for immagration visa for Quebec.But the officer did not pass me for his own reasons dont know.Do i have to reopen or remake my papers for scracth? Or can i apply with the same certificats?
Waiting for your reply

Moniruzzaman Mohammad November 16, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Those who have applied before they are include this target

parminder kaur November 16, 2012 at 2:48 pm

hello sir i am parminder kaur i applied for qubec skilled worker immigration in june 2011 but we give not any response i am very crazy to go to canada .my qualification is m.a ,b.ed and i have also a work experience tell me what can i do thanks

youna November 16, 2012 at 4:24 pm

i am from afghanistan and now i am working with coalition forces as a interpreter and translator but there are some canadian in kabul the capital of afghanistan and if i work for one year with civilian canadian so after that can i apply to canada or not
youna nikzad

Rasheed Kashif November 16, 2012 at 5:10 pm

what about the court hearing on( FSW BACKLOG ) would the application be returned by cic or processed.

Charles November 16, 2012 at 6:18 pm

I will really like to be there by next year.

SANJAY November 16, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Dear sir
I want to know why cic is changing rule every time, we get confuse and how can I 67 mask
THANKS.

Maria Theresa Tolentino November 17, 2012 at 1:47 am

Getting tougher…How I wish I could go there right away! Thanks, Mr. Cohen, for the update.

suraj November 17, 2012 at 4:29 am

I would like to know what happens to applications submitted in jan 2005 and whose final submissions were called for, in nov 2008. I am yet to here from the immigration office.

Najibullah Azizi November 17, 2012 at 10:06 am

What is the number of immigration visas CA is going to issue from the Afghanistan nationals for 2013? is there certain fixed number of immigrants from Afghanistan?

Abdul November 17, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Sir,
May we know the demading occupations under new FSWC policy to be valid from Jan 2013?

regards,
abdul

sandeep dhami November 17, 2012 at 2:06 pm

sir, My fees is being refunded as the FSW cases before 2008 have been closed….so now i wanted to know what else can i do to get an immigration to Canada…plz let me know the way out…

rupinder November 17, 2012 at 3:20 pm

sir, please explain to me about ilets band requirement for immigration in quebec

Saidou November 17, 2012 at 5:58 pm

I want to study in canada went because it is a beautiful country

Saidou November 17, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Please advice.

naveed ateeq November 18, 2012 at 4:21 am

sir,
I want to know about that i had applied on Nov 2004, but still not yet get any fruitful replay from Canadian embassy ,now what immigration department will give us the right position of my application as they always says that application is in process

Thanks and Regards
Naveed Ateeq

Ramnath November 18, 2012 at 5:44 am

What are the criteria ,were point are counted,like to know in detail.
■Applicants will need to obtain 67 points on a new, updated point grid

khaula tahseen November 18, 2012 at 9:01 am

Dear Sir/Mam

I just want to when the canadian govt will start taking applications for skilled worker visas. I am eagarly waiting for it, and want to know when the pause on application accepting be removed.

waiting for your reply.

best regards.

qaiser nadeem November 18, 2012 at 3:56 pm

can i get any infomation about my fsw application submited in sep.2006 and i also arranged my arranged employ letter in october 2009.now my application is in london uk

Dr. Fakrul Ahsan November 18, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Its good to hear that canadian Govt. is still encouraging all skilled professionals to immigrate. But, they didn’t clarify about GT module IELTS or not and foreign credentials yet. How should an applicant prepare himself, then? I got 6.5 overall and listening- 6.5, writing- 7, speaking- 6 and reading -5.5. Do i need to sit again only for Reading and pay lots of exam fees? On the other hand , CIC didn’t announce Skilled occupation list yet. So, i am afraid, is my occupation is in it or not. If yes, whether it is OK by authorized credentials or not.
I am a family physician, diabetologist, consultant sonographer and epidemiologist in my country, Bangladesh.

jamil hamie November 18, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Hello I ‘d like to be there thanks u

ricki delos santos November 19, 2012 at 2:21 am

Dear Mr. Cohen

let me thank you again for the opportunity to be part of your group who received such informative article that will enable us on what’s going on regarding immigration updated requirements.

God Bless…

Devaraju Juttuka November 19, 2012 at 4:35 am

Thank you for the update. Its very usefull. Your valuable services are much appreciated. You are a great asset for the new aspirents to reach their goals. God bless you and the agency.
Sincerely,
Devaraju J.

DINESH RANA November 19, 2012 at 7:03 am

Sir

What is the age limit for immigration

djuma moussa November 19, 2012 at 8:17 am

i do not have something to comment this new article because is good.

fazal hayat November 19, 2012 at 9:08 am

Dear sir,
i applied canadian immigration and my application was refused in 2006, but the embassy did not return my origional educational documents, i wrote many letters to the immigration section but they are not responding, what shoul i do. thanks and regards

hawbash November 19, 2012 at 3:42 pm

iam iiket go to canada

TSOMBO MELINGI SONIA LINE November 19, 2012 at 5:09 pm

i want to be there by next year

Mhammad owais November 20, 2012 at 7:00 am

i am in Afghanistan right now, and i missed Tim Horten very much.
i love canada.

amina November 20, 2012 at 9:07 pm

i like cannada very much and i hoppe lives in

JOSHUA DANIEL November 22, 2012 at 1:24 pm

I LOVE CANADA

Prabir Maji November 23, 2012 at 11:22 am

Immegration 2013:
Is there any news about “Proof of Fund” to be shown at time application? Crrrently its $17,011 for 3 person. Is it going to be higher or lower?
IELTS is mandetory? if yes then minimum how much I have to score for apply for immegration?

Nancy Jacob November 24, 2012 at 9:23 am

Dear,

I applied in 2004 for EMG and I got my file no in 2006 March, but still my application status is in progress, Pls let me know, what the immigration department will do for the earlier applications.

Expecting reply

sanjay November 24, 2012 at 2:55 pm

is in writing 5.5 band will do.?

Chester D'souza November 26, 2012 at 12:24 pm

We had applied for immigration to Canada, but were rejected last year .I was informed that Canadian immigration had rejected all pending cases due to the high volume of backlogs in processing cases with the standard response” does not meet criteria”. what’s the next step for us now. we had already waited for approx. 3yrs . Will we be considered first??? .Please advise. Thanks .

zartash shahzad November 28, 2012 at 5:24 am

i want to go to canada

Janice de la paz November 29, 2012 at 5:06 pm

How can i apply?

Gill November 29, 2012 at 5:49 pm

please give examples of why people get rejected for visa and permanent residence?

mans November 29, 2012 at 7:18 pm

i am told to complete medical examination and submit Passport along with Landing fee. But currently i am working out of India, so its not possible for me to wait 2-3 months after sending Passport to CHC. Is it possible to send all the documents except Passport and Passport will sent at later stage. Will it be ok?

Any body can help on this.

Thommo January 9, 2013 at 11:00 am

When this month does the cap open ?

sh January 10, 2013 at 5:32 pm

I have received my file no. in January 2008 ( skilled worker) and cic announces that my status is ” decision made and we contact you ”
what`s the meaning of this ?
is it a negative meaning?
best wishes

jaleel Ahmed January 24, 2013 at 8:18 am

Dear Sir

I applied for canada immigration as skilled person and deposit embassy fees Rs 50000/- (fifty thousand) pakistani currency address canadian High Commission Islamabad. But my case was rejected in 2008 due some reason. let me know fees may be returned by embassy to me or not

jomon s February 1, 2013 at 8:45 am

I have received my file no. in July 2006 ( skilled worker) and cic announces that my status is ” decision made and we contact you ”
what`s the meaning of this ?
when we inform to medical

Salman Shahid April 17, 2013 at 5:10 am

Please eleborate the Canadian Language Benchmark: 7 as if an applicant needs to score overall 7 band in IELTS or 7 in each section as per Cambridge IELTS score chart?

mian haseeb April 22, 2013 at 11:53 am

i just want to ask what is the total number of visas that will be issued by ca this year in the new fswp policy?

zeeshan May 13, 2013 at 5:11 am

Dear Sir/Madam;
i have applied for ALBERTA NOMINEES PROGRAM but now my case is in Canadian high commission in London and they required some document. i need to ask how much band in IELTS (GENERAL TRAINING )should i need to further process eligible.

Regards