CIC News » 2013 » April » Breaking News: Federal Skilled Worker Details Revealed Today

Apr

2013

Breaking News: Federal Skilled Worker Details Revealed Today

April, 2013

On April 18, 2013, Canadian Immigration Minister Jason Kenney announced final details about Federal Skilled Worker Program, scheduled to begin accepting applications on May 4, 2013.

Eligibility Requirements

In order to be considered for processing, eligible applicants must meet one the following eligibility criteria:

• Have at least one year of continuous, full-time (or equivalent) paid work experience in the past decade in one of the 24 eligible occupations and attain at least 67 points based on Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC) immigration selection factors; or
  • Qualify for Arranged Employment with a Labour Market Opinion and a full-time permanent job offer from a Canadian employer; or
  • Have completed a PhD in Canada, or have completed two years of study in Canada towards a PhD, in both cases at a recognized institution.

All applicants applying under the Federal Skilled Worker Program will also be required to undergo language testing in order to demonstrate their ability in English and French and have their foreign educational credentials assessed for equivalency against Canadian standards.

Designated Educational Credential Assessment Organizations

On April 17, 2013, four organizations have been designated by Canadian Immigration Minister Jason Kenney to conduct the educational credential assessments. The designated organizations are:

Applicants who have completed their studies in Canada will not be required to undergo an educational credential assessment, unless they are also including a foreign credential in support of their application. In addition, any educational credential assessment report issued after April 17, 2013, will be valid for immigration purposes for a period of five years from the date that it was issued by a designated organization.

Program Caps and Limitations

With respect to the 24 eligible occupations, the government has placed an overall cap/limit of 5,000 applications that will be accepted for processing. Within the 5,000 limit, a maximum of 300 applications will be accepted for processing per eligible occupation.

For applicants under the PhD stream, the government will accept a total of 1,000 applications from May 4, 2013 to April 30, 2014.

The authority for the changes, known as Ministerial Instructions, allows the government to keep the intake of applications for economic immigration in line with the number and types of jobs available in Canada, as well as reduce application backlogs and processing times.

Attorney David Cohen encourages applicants to submit their applications as soon as possible, “There is no time to waste if a potential applicant wants any chance of having their Federal Skilled Worker application accepted for assessment”.

Attorney Cohen went on to explain that these new rules favor the fastest and most organized applicants. “The reality of these new rules is that an applicant has only one try to get his or her application accepted. If an application has even a tiny error, it risks being returned without processing, and by the time that error is corrected, the odds of the occupation category being closed are that much greater.”

Today’s announcement, including the eligible occupation list of 24 occupations, should not discourage potential immigrations from considering Canada as a destination. Attorney Cohen encourages potential immigrants: “Remember that there are over 60 immigration programs across Canada from which to choose. If the Federal Skilled Worker program is no longer an option, I’ll advise my clients to explore other alternatives.”

Find out if you qualify for Canadian Permanent Residency by completing a Canadian immigration assessment form.

Nirav April 19, 2013 at 4:56 am

Electrician , Industrial Electrician are qualified for FSW or not

Emelinda April 19, 2013 at 5:02 am

I have noticed that nurses are no longer included in the eligible list of 24 occupations accepted under the FSW Program. Is there any other way my daughter who is a nurse in the Philippines could migrate to Canada and work and live here

Herbert April 19, 2013 at 5:15 am

Dear Sir

Any news or progress about held up applications? Hundreds of innocent applicant are helplessly waiting for some news but no one is talking about it neither lawyers nor Canadian Government. I am not one of your clients but I am one of the innocent clients (victims) who trapped in to Canadian Government new immigration law. Almost 5 years went nothing changed. Very sad!!

vandana April 19, 2013 at 5:23 am

in 24 occupation list now there is no position for Biologist. Is Biologist still able to apply else it has been completely removed for 2013-2014 year?

Bharat Poudel April 19, 2013 at 5:29 am

Why there is no Pharmacist in the occupation list?

Rajesh kumar kashyap April 19, 2013 at 7:17 am

how much band reqired for ielts

BERNARD KAMAU NGETA April 19, 2013 at 7:17 am

if i qualify?

muhammad umar April 19, 2013 at 7:17 am

dear sir/madam!

is it necessary to take IELTS exam before applying for FSWP? or we can first send preliminary application without IELTS?

Regards

Pawan Padeliya April 19, 2013 at 7:18 am

Dear Sir,

Greetings of the day!

First of all let me thank you for being so descriptive in offering the information mentioned above and secondly, I would like to ask you if there is any chance for hoteliers (not featured in the list of preferred occupations) to make it to Canada under PNP programs or through a work permit. Also, I would request if you could brief me how can I utilize your services for the same from India. I have appeared for IELTS already and do qualify for 67 points.

Looking forward to hear from you!

cheers

Pawan

philippa April 19, 2013 at 7:27 am

I think the fastest applicants is not correct. Categories of workers have simply been closed like nurses and teachers so they cannot apply under federal skilled. There are few options for a lot of people really now.

Myrna s. lazareto April 19, 2013 at 8:00 am

My occupation as a dentist is not included in the list of occupation recently announced. Can i still apply in canada

DORR GODLOVE FONDZEYUF April 19, 2013 at 8:19 am

thanks for your updates. How can i get the registration form?

Milorad Rosic April 19, 2013 at 8:20 am

Dear
I’m glad to hear that the Canadian government began to consider our application for immigration to Canada
God Bless Canada

yousif April 19, 2013 at 9:46 am

Dear all
I’ve submit an application under Quebec skilled worker since 5 months ago. so could you please inform me if I can submit again for federal skilled worker with or without cancelling Quebec application since my occupation is listed in the 24 eligible occupation list.
Regards

ZAFAR April 19, 2013 at 10:49 am

HELLO THERE,

i wonder about processing time , could any one help please? I am from Pakistan origin but working in UK since last 3 years.
i would appreciate your support.
Kind Regards,
zafar

sami hamed April 19, 2013 at 11:35 am

Waseem Darwish April 19, 2013 at 1:37 pm

can I start my application without having English test certificat

saam pedram April 19, 2013 at 2:00 pm

thank you so much .
your newsletter is very informative and effective.

wael.Elsayed.Metwaly April 19, 2013 at 2:11 pm

hi

paola gamboa April 19, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Good morning according with this , it means canada doents need dentist anymor in the skilled worker sistem?

Prakash Panjabi April 19, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Hi

Whats the difference between Federal Skilled Worker Programme and Provincial Nominee Programme ? Can any one apply under PNP if he or she doesn’t meet any one of above three new criterias under FSWP that are going to be implemented from 4th May ?

I liked the updates and articles posted here..

Prakash K. Panjabi

Alberto Gabriel Bonafe II April 19, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

Good Day!

I am from the Philippines and I am a registered nurse with over 5 years of experience. I just want to know if the the FSW program does not include nurses, and will nurses be denied if we apply for this program?

thank you very much.

respectfully,

Alberto Gabriel Bonafe II, RN

kayode April 19, 2013 at 6:17 pm

hi,
concerning FSW application please does the accompanying spouse also need to write English Language exams . please i will appreciate your quick response

OLUWAKAYODE OLAYEMI OJO April 19, 2013 at 7:25 pm

I hope i am qualified under this new regulation.

kazadi April 19, 2013 at 8:29 pm

rien a dire

nelson enoma agbongiator April 19, 2013 at 9:49 pm

i wish my application accepted

dhanyadivakaran April 20, 2013 at 12:58 am

By seeing the list i suspect nurses are not included in the list

KAVITHA April 20, 2013 at 5:45 am

We have applied for canidian immigration during 2006 through Skilled worker catogery – what will be our case considered as??

Abongo Vernon April 20, 2013 at 10:06 am

That’s great news concerning the Federal Skilled Worker program. I’m so glad and ready to submit my application as soon as it commences.

Anonymous April 20, 2013 at 11:54 am

You should’ve listed the 24 occupations last january , in order for those with professions other than the 24 to stop processing their documents , not to shock those who took the IELTS and prepared their papers already to apply within 3 weeks that their professions weren’t listed.

sunita khadka April 20, 2013 at 3:36 pm

My husband has very poor english . Is it neccesary ielts test for spouse as well ?

omar soliman April 20, 2013 at 5:50 pm

i want to migrate and live in Canda

Lorena Macababbad April 20, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Thanks..

Md.Golam Sharoar Zaman April 21, 2013 at 11:34 am

I want to Immigration visa

ROLANDO SAGUN April 21, 2013 at 12:01 pm

how about the application that filed long ago or 2005

samreenkhanzada April 21, 2013 at 2:25 pm

i Qulified master in Plant breeding&Genetics i can do phd in canada iwill apply for immigration in canda i want to come in canada i am fond of taking immigration in canada

Rupinder April 21, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Why immigration process has stopped for doctors and nurses

bashar al husni April 21, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Hello
Thank you for your attention I would like to ask if I could apply for immigration program for skilled workers note I am an architect and my career is not in the list of 24 professions required and thank you

Said Hashmat Sadat April 22, 2013 at 5:11 am

Dear Sir/Madam,

After the new announcement, under the Federal Skilled Worker Program has undergone any massive changes recently or it is remained as previous?

Kind regards,

Said

ONESMUA W. KULOBA April 22, 2013 at 5:37 am

Its quite friendly to the applicant and hopefully I will be considered.

mastinder sidhu April 22, 2013 at 10:47 am

Arranged Employment with a Labour Market Opinion and a full-time permanent job offer from a Canadian employer; is compalsary.

AKPAN OLUBUNMI YETUNDE April 22, 2013 at 1:07 pm

Pls where is the free assessment form?

Glenova Christena Ferrell-Smith April 23, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Thanks for the information, it is very informative, but a matter of concern is that i am not seeing the 24 categories of work or is it that at this point in time they are not available to the public?

sharon africano April 24, 2013 at 12:16 am

As Canada’s Federal Skilled Worker Program will Reopen this May, I hope it considers past applicants from 2005.

Reagan a. Corda April 24, 2013 at 2:48 pm

i agree!

florie amanda burgos pascua April 24, 2013 at 4:04 pm

very informative…thanks!

Rosemarie Isaak April 25, 2013 at 7:23 pm

we had lots of hard workers(ofw),they are not skilled workers.why cant we give them a chance to apply too? is there any chance that you look into there situation someday soon?

Naveen Kumar April 26, 2013 at 9:33 am

Thanks for updatation, I want to know how long is The Arrange Employment process with labour market opinion.

king phemmie April 28, 2013 at 8:37 am

I am really surprised to see the way the Canadian Government changes their position as far as the FSW is concern. It could have been better if the new 24 occupation list are published earlier. I started the FSW processing since September 2012 having engaged an experienced immigration consultant to review my case. It took me considerable effort to get to where I am now in term of arranging all my documentation together and ready for submission in May 4th. I took the IELTS thrice in order to get the high grade to make up 67 point required. Now after all this effort my profession was not included on the list. What a shock. I have checked the main duties of one of the 24 occupation listed and I could see that virtually all the duties are what I do on my job routine daily. Please can any advise if I can still have the chance to proceed with my application submission.

Cheers,

krishna April 28, 2013 at 7:19 pm

I am going to apply for FSWP. I don’t have my birth certificate. Is it necessary? What to do instead of birth certificate?

Kruti Shah April 30, 2013 at 10:03 am

Why there is no graphic designer in the occupation list?

Rajveer singh April 30, 2013 at 10:20 am

Hi sir i read all 24 occupation list, i need a favour from you that i have done b.tech in electronics and communication engg. and i hav 4 year experience in networking field my job duties are same as per computer engineers occupation, but my degree is different, i just want to ask u am i illegible for this FSW visa or not because of stream is different????

lhen April 30, 2013 at 10:27 pm

Very disappointed that only 24 occupation are eligible, even restaurant is not included.

L.Dinakar May 1, 2013 at 2:43 am

Mr David,

Pharmacists are not included in the 24 occupaitonal list ? Is there any reason?

PAULNCHARAM May 1, 2013 at 4:26 am

It really took cic lot of time to make this final descision. The FSWP requires a lot of paper work and prospective applicant would have started gathering there documents including IELTS 2 months earlier. All of a suden eligible list came out and some individuals who had gathered about 60 percent of the required documents was excluded from eligibility like electrician, doctors, nurses etc. Cic should have made this announcement earlier.
I encourage those whose occupation are not on the list but still reserve the interest to obtain permanent resident in canada to try the difficult provincial nomination or the FSTP for occupation under skilled trade. The problem with the above mention two paths to canada PR is that they require a pre-arranged employment. Only FSWP and manitoba PNP do not. Infact canada immigration is becoming tough. Am thinking of which path that suits me. Let’s share ideas on facebook: NCHARAMPAUL

Nader Iskander May 1, 2013 at 10:34 am

dear sir/madam!
Regards

Balwinder Barnala May 1, 2013 at 11:45 am

you are doing a fine job for guiding the immegrants.Information about the changing in pattern in Canadian Visa helps a lot to the wishers of living in Canada.

rajesh May 1, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Looks like there is no chance for Dentists/ Dental Hygenists /Health Care managers since it has been excluded from the NOC. Is there any scope for immigration under PNP?

mr singh May 1, 2013 at 1:45 pm

hello sir,

i have no education background but i have a work experience in construction line for 5 years and i opened my own business in the same line for the last 6 years. how can i apply now.i have been the victim of feb 2008 application then my wife was the main applicant now i want to be because her line job is not in the list now.

Muhammad Salman Butt May 1, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Dear Sir,
is Electrical engineer qualified for this or not ?

farhan sohail May 1, 2013 at 5:18 pm

i have no ielts yet may i eligible to apply for FSW?? secondly, i have bachelor degree in Electronics. Electronic engineer is not in latest occupation list. but code 2243 category relates me because my job responsibilities are matched in code 2243.
please advise

Surgeon May 1, 2013 at 8:32 pm

I am a surgeon. Is it true that they do not want physicians any more?

Sumit Bhatta May 2, 2013 at 1:34 pm

i am from nepal. i am so Puzzled about occupations. i have completed my bachelor degree in management field. i worked in ministry of labour and transportation for 18 months and Newton international college for 2 years. Can i meet the requirement of occupations please sir reply me.

Rekha santhosh May 3, 2013 at 2:57 pm

What about nurses ?

Biplob Bhattachayya May 7, 2013 at 9:05 am

Dear sir,
My occupation is social work that is not included in the list of occupation recently announced. Can i still apply as a skilled worker in canada. if not ,than is there any opportunity in short time or when?
pls. let me know about.

thanks

ziza May 8, 2013 at 9:35 am

bonjour
j’ai envoyé ma demande en mois de fevrier 2013 et je vois que mon metier n’est pas parmi les 24 profession et mon mari aussi .comment je vais faire aidez moi

moregist May 9, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Just want to know if electrical engineers can apply under computer engineering, thanks

Sheu Oyeyemi May 16, 2013 at 8:56 pm

i applied for FSW today, i wish to know my status of eligibility. is physiotherapy quota filled.

Mohammed May 17, 2013 at 5:52 am

Hi David

Compliments of the day. This years FSW is too stiff. However, Is June too late to apply,because we are just about taking the IELTS Test.. We had taken the ACADEMIC option last year, not knowing we are supposed to take the GENERAL TRAINING option. :( . Obviously that’s why we are behind schedule, otherwise, we would have sent our application since May 5th.

NASIR May 17, 2013 at 6:38 am

why is there no mentioning of electronics technicians in the occupation list?

tawfik May 17, 2013 at 9:00 am

My occupation as a dentist is not included in the list of occupation recently announced. Could I still apply????????????

Ozoh Ann May 18, 2013 at 10:48 am

i am a registered dietitian.am i eligible tto apply under federal skilled worker program since my profession was not in the lists of the 24 occupation.

Irene May 23, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Hi
Would like to know when the new caps for PR for nurses will open.

Nelson May 23, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Hi
How can i get the application form?
Nelson.

FCA May 23, 2013 at 8:34 pm

what chances we can apply for..been here for four years, nothing happens…everubody wish for a family get reunited…

shames shahid May 25, 2013 at 11:48 am

Hello there,
Can you tell me from where I can see the new occupation list or may you send me.Thanks

Ripal May 30, 2013 at 5:43 pm

Hi there,
I am going to apply for the dependent file on the basis of my husband.
he is working as a cook in Boston Pizza.
Is he considered as a skilled worker or not?
I am also in Canada.

mizi May 31, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Dear everybody
do you have any updated news that how many people have applied yet . Please let me know the individual occupation list
thank you. mizi

vgkish July 15, 2013 at 8:56 am

Hi
I have 5+ yrs of exp as comp programmer. But only 2+ yrs fall in the last 10yrs.After which I am a Home maker.Now my status is “unemployed”. Do I have a chance if I apply under NOC 2174?
Thank you.

Jacquelyn fajardo October 29, 2013 at 3:21 am

I just want to ask if cook is still a skilled work in canada. Thank!

Jason A.Robinson February 20, 2014 at 11:24 am

Thanks for the updates regarding Federal Skilled Workers in Canada. My friend just got his immigration papers cleared and is all excited to start off with his new life in Canada.

{ 2 trackbacks }