ABOUT CIC NEWS
The CCIN includes the following websites:
CanadaVisa.com, CICNews.com, and CanadaStudyNews.com.
Our postal address is:
1303 Greene Ave., Suite 200
Westmount, Montreal, QC, Canada
1.888.947.9445 (Toll free in North America)
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- You have the option of submitting personal contact data in the course of accessing our sites. These contact details are stored in a secure data centre within North America so that we may respond to any requests made by you. Visitors who supply us with their telephone number(s) and email address(es) online will only receive contact from us regarding matters relating to Canadian immigration and/or settlement in Canada and/or studying in Canada.
- For each visitor to our websites, our server automatically captures anonymous data like your IP address, but does not capture personally identifiable data like your email address.
- You may be asked to provide personal information in certain fields on our websites. This personal information will not be disclosed, leased or transferred without your consent, and will be used solely for the purposes for which it was requested.
- The personal data you provide to us in the Eligibility Questionnaire is collected for the purpose of assessing your potential to immigrate to Canada under Canada’s current immigration selection criteria. Any personal information submitted to us will not be sold, or otherwise transferred, to a third-party source without your consent. Upon submitting your Canada Immigration Eligibility Questionnaire, you can expect your results to be delivered to the email address you have provided to us within 24 hours from the time of submission. Thereafter, we may send follow-up emails to the same email address regarding your Canadian immigration inquiry, unless you have unsubscribed or requested to no longer receive these emails.
- If you choose to submit your resume to us, it will be used to evaluate your eligibility for Canadian immigration. Resumes are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with any entity unrelated to the CCIN without your consent
- If you express an interest in obtaining additional information about the services of our trusted partners, we generally require you to provide us with your contact information, such as your name, email address, phone number, and your country of residence. When you supply us with your contact information online, you will only receive contact from our trusted partners regarding matters relating to Canadian immigration and/or settlement in Canada and/or studying in Canada; Our trusted partners whose names, addresses and contact information are reproduced below.
- We use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving sensitive client data exchanged with our sites.
- All of the information that we collect from you, such as registration and assessment details, or any other personally identifiable information, is stored in a secure data centre within North America.
- Cookies are small files that are placed onto your device when you visit online properties. The files help analyze website traffic and page visits in order to tailor online services to your individual preferences.
- When you visit the CCIN, we may assign your device one or more cookies to facilitate access to our sites and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of these cookies, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our sites, such as the pages you visit, the time and date of your visits, the links you click, and the searches you conduct. While the information collected cannot be used to identify you, cookies provide important data for our marketing department. During your visits to other websites, we (or third parties) may use certain anonymous, non-personal data collected on the CCIN to show you advertisements likely to be of greater interest to you.
- We may allow third parties, including authorized service providers and advertising companies like Facebook and Google, to employ third-party cookies to collect anonymous information. Our websites do not provide any personal information to these third parties without your consent. These third parties may collect information about your browsing habits, such as pages visited, links followed, and external websites visited. This information may allow them to deliver more relevant advertisements, to limit the number of times you see advertisements, and to gauge campaign effectiveness.
- Most browsers have cookies enabled by default, but you can usually modify your browser settings to disable cookies. If you choose to disable cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our websites.
- The option to change cookies settings is typically found in the ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise, you should use the ‘Help’ option in your browser for more details.
Online Behavioural Advertising (OBA)
- During your visits to other websites, we (or third parties like Facebook and Google) may use certain anonymous, non-personal data collected on our sites to show you advertisements likely to be of greater interest to you, which is called Online Behavioural Advertising (OBA).
- None of the OBA techniques we use will collect information such as your name, email address, postal address or phone number.
- Our partners or third parties may use OBA to show you advertisements based on your behaviour. If you want to opt out of receiving online behavioural advertising, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. The opt-out function does not mean that you will no longer receive advertising when visiting sites, but that the advertising you see will not be customized based on your behaviour.
The Canada Immigration Newsletter
- The Canada Immigration Newsletter is a web-based publication. The newsletter is distributed electronically and delivered directly to your inbox weekly. It may also be accessed directly on CICNews.com. When you opt to receive the Canada Immigration Newsletter, you are consenting to the delivery of email messages concerning topics related to Canadian immigration. Your email address, as well as any personal information you provide to us, will not be disclosed to any third-party websites without your consent and will be used solely for the purposes for which it was requested.
- If you wish to opt-out of any future delivery of the Canada Immigration Newsletter, simply click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link located at the bottom of every newsletter we send you. Alternatively, you can visit our unsubscribe page to remove your name from our newsletter delivery database.
- Our sites may provide hyperlinks to other locations or websites on the Internet outside the CCIN group. These hyperlinks lead to websites published or operated by third parties who are not affiliated with or in any way related to the CCIN entity. They have been included in our website to enhance your user experience and are presented for information purposes only. We endeavor to select reputable websites and sources of information for your convenience. We are not in any way responsible for the content of any externally linked website or webpage. You may use or follow these links at your own risk and we are not responsible for any damages or losses arising out of or in connection with your use of the links.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA