CIC News > Latest News > General > Q & A: SVP

Q & A: SVP

Font Style

Font Size

Q. If I (British citizen) have 8 years cooking experience in England but no formal qualifications because I learned on the job, can I still immigrate to Canada as an independent immigrant under the occupation of cook?

Answer: In the event that you underwent sufficient training on the job, you may satisfy the SVP requirements for that position. “Sufficient training” would depend on the exact intended occupation chosen.



We welcome your feedback

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.