Q & A: NOC Classification

CIC News
Published: March 1, 1998

Q. "...what would Computer Software trainers be classified as in the job classification, and is there scope for people like us to work in Canada presently.

My wife and I both trainer the Microsoft Office suite, E-mail / internet, various email packages and organizers as well as the lotus smartsuite. My wife has also worked in DTP and trainers the Corel Draw package.

I have a BA Degree and Honours, with a higher education diploma.

Could anyone reading this advise us as to the prospects computer trainers have of being accepted and of finding work?"

Answer: The following occupational definition appears in the NOC. This occupation, however, does not appear on the General Occupations List. That means that arranged employment would be required to qualify with this profession as your intended occupation.

Additional details on this topic may be obtained at the following URL: http://canadavisa.com/documents/factor5.html

Eligibility for employment in this field may be examined via the Employment links at the Canada DataBank:


College and Other Vocational Instructors (4131)

Basic Information

Nature of Work *

This unit group includes instructors who teach applied arts, academic, technical and vocational subjects to students at community colleges, CEGEPs, agricultural colleges, technical institutes, language schools, bible colleges and other vocational schools. This unit group also includes trainers who are employed by companies and governments to teach internal training and development courses. College teachers who are heads of departments are included in this group.

Example Titles *

company trainer
training officer
community college teacher
vocational school teacher
college department chairperson, trade programs
college teacher
computer training instructor
teacher, legal assistant program
department head, dental hygienist program
CEGEP teacher
commercial art instructor
hairdressing teacher
language instructor, language school

Share this article
Share your voice
Did you find this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Did you find this article helpful?
Please provide a response
Thank you for your helpful feedback
Please contact us if you would like to share additional feedback, have a question, or would like Canadian immigration assistance.
  • Do you need Canadian immigration assistance? Contact the Contact Cohen Immigration Law firm by completing our form
  • Send us your feedback or your non-legal assistance questions by emailing us at media@canadavisa.com
Top Stories
Ontario, British Columbia and Saskatchewan invite candidates for nomination in latest draws
Canadian Immigration Lawyers Association recommends IRPA legislation reform
Speed Up Your Canadian Study Permit through the Student Direct Stream: Tips for International Students
Join our free newsletter. Get Canada's top immigration stories delivered to your inbox.
More in Sponsor Content
Speed Up Your Canadian Study Permit through the Student Direct Stream: Tips for International Students
International students aiming to study in Canada can expedite their study permit application process through a specialized program offered by the Canadian government.
Live Webinar: A Clear Path to Academic Achievement in Canada Redefined
Attain a great score on your language assessment and increase your chances of admission to a Canadian university.
Avoid these common tax-filing mistakes as a self-employed newcomer
Filing your income taxes when self-employed can sometimes be a more complicated and involved process than tax filing as an employee in Canada.
Prepare for CAEL and Meet Your Academic Goals with the Path to Success!
The CAEL Path to Success is a helpful tool to chart and track your progress as candidates prepare for CAEL.
Link copied to clipboard