CIC News > Latest News > Q & A: Changing Status within Canada

Q & A: Changing Status within Canada

Font Style

Font Size

Q. I’ve come to Canada with student authorization and I’m now studying in the University for my PhD. Can I change my visa status from Student authorization to immigrant?

Answer: You cannot change one visa to another. You may, however, apply for PR while you are a student in Canada. The application must be submitted outside of Canada.



We welcome your feedback

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.