CIC News > Latest News > Q & A: Official Discretion

Q & A: Official Discretion

Font Style

Font Size

Q. I have recently heard from someone that if I show arranged employment on my permanent residence application then the visa officer may decline me the immigration visa and rather offer me a temporary work visa.Has anyone heard or experienced such a thing?

Answer: If you possess the validated offer of permanent employment, and an application for PR is submitted on that basis, an immigration official may not grant a temporary employment authorization instead of considering the PR application on its merits.