Discussion Paper Concerning New Regulations
The Toronto Star has published an article outlining the most recent proposals concerning the overhaul of Canada's federal skilled worker immigration legislation. In a discussion paper obtained by the newspaper, the following are discussed:
- substantially more points allocated for the maximum work experience;
- a greater maximum score for the education factor, but lower points for
some levels of education;
- a change to the total number of points available;
- changes to the pass mark;
- personal suitability replaced by adaptability, but which eliminates a
separate family bonus factor for assisted relatives.
Other potential changes are discussed, as well.
Those wishing to review the whole article may do so at their website.