CIC News > Latest News > Q & A: Employment Authorization Abroad

Q & A: Employment Authorization Abroad

Font Style

Font Size

Q. Does Getting Work Permit In Other Countries Ruin Your Application? As An It-Specialist, I Have Obtained Work Permit For Five Years Work In Germany But Still Want To Immigrate To Canada. Is This German Work Permit Regarded As A Negative Point In My Eligibility For Obtaining Canadian Permanent Residence?

Answer: The possession of an employment authorization in a different country, in itself, is not necessarily a negative factor. If an immigration official feels, however, that you do not intend to land in Canada an establish yourself as a permanent resident, it is possible for an application to be refused, and a new application requested at such time as you are ready to land.