CIC News > Latest News > Q & A: Part-time Experience

Q & A: Part-time Experience

Font Style

Font Size

Q. I am wondering if my current work as a research assistant in a university in Canada can fetch me some points under the working experience factor as well as points for having worked for at least one year full-time in Canada since I have been on this job for up to 2 years part-time.

Answer: Part time experience in Canada which adds up to the full time equivalent of 1 year can be counted for both the Experience factor, as well as for points on the Adaptability factor. The exception may be in the case that such experience was gained at the same time as you full time education.

At present, a full time work week is considered to be 37.5 hours per week. Part time experience would be evaluated in its proportion to this figure.