Canadian Immigration News Briefs for June 2011

CIC News
Published: June 28, 2011

The following is a summary of developments concerning Canadian Citizenship and Immigration that took place or were announced over the last few weeks.

Job seekers head to Alberta

Increasing job opportunities in Alberta have many Canadians moving to the province. More than 5,300 Canadians moved to Alberta between January and the end of March compared to only 300 during the same time period last year. >> Read more....

Canada prepares to introduce biometric scanning for immigrants

The Canadian government will soon require immigrants to undergo biometric scanning in order to enter the country in order to improve border security. This technology has been used for years by other Western countries to reduce the instances of immigration fraud. >>Read more...

Canada announces new 10-year visa for Indians

The Government of Canada recently announced a 10-year multiple entry visa that will now be available for Indian citizens. The new visa is hoped to boost trade ties between Canada and India by tripling their trade to $15 billion within four years. >> Read more...

More Asian immigrants are choosing to settle in Vancouver

Once dominated by British, German, and Italian immigrants, Vancouver’s population can now be considered “Eurasian” as thousands of Asians immigrants now call the city their home. >>Read more...

Share this article
Share your voice
Did you find this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Did you find this article helpful?
Please provide a response
Thank you for your helpful feedback
Please contact us if you would like to share additional feedback, have a question, or would like Canadian immigration assistance.
  • Do you need Canadian immigration assistance? Contact the Contact Cohen Immigration Law firm by completing our form
  • Send us your feedback or your non-legal assistance questions by emailing us at
Top Stories
Parents and Grandparents Program invitations will be sent out starting today
How to improve your IELTS Score?
What should I do if I want to extend my expiring work permit but do not have my new LMIA or CAQ yet? 
Join our free newsletter. Get Canada's top immigration stories delivered to your inbox.
More in Work
What should I do if I want to extend my expiring work permit but do not have my new LMIA or CAQ yet? 
male entrepreneurs using cell phone while walking in lobby at office building
How IRCC checks if your offer of employment is genuine
Two people sitting at a table and shaking hands with each other.
Five things you need to know about Labour Market Impact Assessments
Hispanic businessman and his Asian female colleague cooperating while going through reports in the office.
Who can work in Canada without a work permit?
A bearded man in a plaid shirt and dark trousers works in a bright office
Link copied to clipboard