CIC News > Latest News > Canadian Immigration Questions and Answers with Attorney David Cohen

Canadian Immigration Questions and Answers with Attorney David Cohen

Font Style

Font Size

Every month, Attorney David Cohen will answer a few general Canadian immigration questions submitted by our readers. Here are this month’s questions and answers.

1. All my documents are ready for me to make an application to a federal economic immigration program, but I still cannot achieve the minimum IELTS score required. What can I do?

Assuming that your English ability is greater than your French ability and that you are residing outside Canada (and therefore unable to take the CELPIP exam), you must submit sufficient IELTS results in order for Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to allow you to enter the Express Entry pool. Each economic program considered under Express Entry has specific language requirements, and you must meet the minimum requirement for the program for which you intend to apply. For example, CIC has set an eligibility requirement for Language of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7.0 for Federal Skilled Workers. If you are unable reach the required score the first time, you must retake the exam. Failure to meet the minimum requirements will render you ineligible to enter the pool.

2 I am currently travelling whilst my Canadian Experience Class (CEC) application is being processed. If I receive my medical request whilst I am away from the UK, will I be able to do it with an approved doctor whilst I am overseas (i.e. in Canada) or will I have to return to the UK and have the medical done there?

Panel Physicians (PP) are available in most countries and you and your family, if applicable, will be able to take the examination wherever Panel Physicians are located.

© 2015 CICnews All Rights Reserved



16 thoughts on “Canadian Immigration Questions and Answers with Attorney David Cohen

  1. Avatar

    I am Akin Lolu.

    I applied for FSW program in 2014, i did the medicals in September with my family and this has been acknowledged on ECAS since October.

    I am yet to get any further update or passport request.

    Should be concerned?

  2. Avatar
    Sheraz Ahmed

    I am Sheraz Ahmed and 24 years old. I am ACCA qualified with more than three years of work experience of accountancy profession. I have decided to migrate to Canada for further life. Thus,please guide me about immigration application requirements including points which i can win before applying for it.
    I am currently a Pakistani citizen.

  3. Avatar

    I am a member of ACCA. WES evaluate my membership as 4 years Canadian bachelor degree.
    Now i wants to how much minimum IELTS required for PR.

    After the WES assessment what will be the next step.

  4. Avatar

    Dear Attorney Cohen,

    I have heard that international students with post-graduate work permits still have to get their employers to apply for LMIAs even for current jobs held by them. I would like to know your thoughts about the issue of international students and the requirement for LMIA for job offers and what you advise these students to do.


  5. Avatar
    Anil Kumar

    Hello Sir ,

    I am from India and i have passed out IELTS with score of 8 . May i know the procedures that there are to enter in to Canada and work in Canada . I am from IT sector with 4.5 years of experience in few of the current IT technologies. Can you please torch my way,

    Thanks & Regards
    N.Anil Kumar

  6. Avatar

    Dear Attorney David,
    I submitted my MPNP application in July 2014 which was received and reviewed in September.
    Sir since then my my application status still read PENDING. Will like to know why i haven’t received any telephone call since then and why my application status is still pending.


We welcome your feedback

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.