The Atlantic Canada province of Nova Scotia will issue invitations to Express Entry candidates with work experience as early childhood educators and assistants on August 8 through its new Labour Market Priorities Stream.
In an announcement published August 2, Nova Scotia said eligible Express Entry candidates with a minimum of two years work experience in National Occupational Classification (NOC) 4214 could be invited to apply for a provincial nomination on August 8.
Nova Scotia says the new Labour Market Priorities Stream will be used to select candidates in the federal Express Entry system who meet provincial labour market needs. Its first draw on August 8 will target early childhood educators, but future draws may target other occupations.
“The New Labour Market Priorities Stream is a flexible and innovative approach to addressing market demands by proactively seeking skilled professionals in specific sectors where there are recognized needs,” the province said in a news release.
Express Entry candidates who are approved for a provincial nomination from Nova Scotia will receive an additional 600 points toward their Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System score and move to the head of the line for an invitation to apply for Canadian permanent residence in a subsequent Express Entry draw.
In order to be considered for a nomination under the Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities stream, candidates must meet the minimum criteria laid out in the following five areas of its application guide:
- Letter of Interest from NSOI
- Additional draw-specific eligibility criteria
- Work Experience
- Settlement Funds
- Immigration Status
Early childhood educators and assistants
Express Entry candidates who are issued a Letter of Interest from Nova Scotia on August 8 will have to provide letters of reference from employers that meet the following requirements:
- be written on company letterhead;
- be signed by the responsible human resources officer, supervisor, or manager;
- show the company’s full address, telephone number, e-mail and website addresses and be stamped with the company’s official seal (if applicable); and
- include all of the following information in one document:
- the specific period of your employment with the company
- the positions you have held during the period of employment and time spent in each position
- your main responsibilities and duties in each position
- your annual salary plus benefits in each position
- the number of hours worked per week in each position
- proof that your work experience meets the lead statement and the majority (at least 51%) of the main duties listed for NOC 4214 found here.
Among other duties, NOC 4214 says “early childhood educators plan, organize and implement programs for children between the ages of infancy and 12 years. Early childhood educator assistants provide care for infants and preschool- to school-age children under the guidance of early childhood educators”
In order to be considered for this invitation round or future invitation rounds through the new Labour Market Priorities Stream, the first step is to submit a profile to the federal government’s Express Entry system.
The CRS Calculator
The CRS Calculator allows you to find out what your score would be under the CRS.
© 2018 CICNews All rights Reserved