Watch the Webinar: Renting vs. Buying in Canada: What Newcomers Need to Know
CanadaVisa and TD recently hosted the webinar: Renting vs. Buying in Canada: What Newcomers Need to Know.
For a newcomer to Canada like yourself, the journey ahead is both exciting and overwhelming. As you embark on your new life, finding a place to call home is a big step. You might be unsure about whether buying or renting is the right choice for you and your family.
Now is the time to gain the knowledge you need to make informed choices about your first home in Canada. Through this webinar, we’ll help you learn important insights you may need to make an informed decision around housing options.
Watch the webinar
Download the webinar slides
Please click here to download the webinar slides.
What will you learn?
During this webinar, we'll talk about important topics that will help you decide between renting and buying a home. Here's what we'll cover:
1) Benefits of Renting: We'll uncover the advantages of renting a home in Canada. This includes the flexibility it offers and how it can be a practical choice when you're just starting out in a new country. We'll help you think about what to keep in mind when you're trying to decide if renting is right for you. This will include factors like lease agreements and understanding your rights as a tenant.
2) Benefits of Homeownership: We'll explore the advantages of buying a home. Owning a home can provide stability and be a great investment in the long run. We will discuss building equity, long-term financial stability – and we'll break down why purchasing a home can be a game-changer.
3) Understanding Canadian Mortgages: Navigating the world of mortgages might seem complex, but we're here to demystify it for you. We'll provide you with important information about Canadian mortgages – how they work, what types are available, and how to choose the right one for your situation.
4) Down Payment Dos and Don’ts: The world of down payments can be puzzling, but fear not! We'll unravel the mystery behind down payments on a home. You'll gain insights into how they contribute to your purchase and strategies for managing this crucial financial aspect.
5) Calculating Affordability: Our experienced professional will equip you with the tools to help determine what you can comfortably afford. From expenses to budgeting, you'll be well-prepared to approach your housing choice with a clear financial outlook.
By the end of this webinar, you’ll be equipped with information and confidence to help make an informed decision about renting vs buying for your first home in Canada.
CanadaVisa.com was founded in 1994 as the online platform of the Cohen Immigration Law Firm. Since then, CanadaVisa has grown to be one of the world’s most trusted sources on how to move to Canada and settle here. CanadaVisa’s web properties include cicnews.com and its weekly newsletter, the CanadaVisa Forum, and more. All the resources provided by CanadaVisa are meant to help people around the world access trusted, factual, and timely information to support their Canadian immigration journey.
TD has a proud history of delivering financial solutions to Canadians for more than 150 years. TD also brings a century of experience helping newcomers navigate the unique challenges of the Canadian banking system.
With over a thousand branches, a reputation for excellence in financial services, and the ability to also serve you in more that 60 languages, TD has become one of the largest and most trusted banks in Canada, now serving 16-million Canadians.
TD offers online support and resources of interest to newcomers on topics like banking basics, moving to Canada, credit score essentials and more. TD is open longer hours for your convenience. TD has thousands of ATMs across Canada to help you take care of your everyday banking quickly and easily.