CIC News > Latest News > Q & A: Employment Authorizations

Q & A: Employment Authorizations

Font Style

Font Size

Q. Is it true if you have a Irish passport or a European country in “common market” that you don’t need an employment authorization?

Answer: No, employment authorizations are required by any individual other than a Canadian citizen or permanent resident in order to work in Canada. Certain countries may enjoy somewhat relaxed requirements for obtaining such, however.