CIC News > Latest News > Q & A: Engineering Assessment

Q & A: Engineering Assessment

Font Style

Font Size

Q. I would like to know if CCPE are the only Engineering Society able to give an informal assessment of qualifications in Canada. I am a Civil Engineer and I have recently been accepted as an associate member of the CSCE (civil engineering) and I was wondering if CSCE have the authorization to do this assessment also.

Answer: The CCPE is one means that visa offices use to determine an applicant’s eligibility for employment as a professional engineer. Other means of demonstration of the same information should be sufficient for submission to a visa office, although there is often a perception that the CCPE assessment is a formal requirement of the process.