Manitoba issues 592 invitations in latest Expression of Interest draw
Invitations to apply for a provincial nomination have been issued to 592 candidates in Manitoba's Expression of Interest pool, including 114 Express Entry candidates.
The June 21 draw issued invitations to candidates in Manitoba's Skilled Workers in Manitoba and Skilled Workers Overseas streams, with Express Entry candidates receiving invitations through the latter's Express Entry Pathway.
This pathway is linked to the federal government's Express Entry system, which manages applications for the federal government's three economic immigration categories — the Federal Skilled Worker Class, the Federal Skilled Trades Class and the Canadian Experience Class.
Express Entry candidates who apply for and are granted a provincial nomination receive an additional 600 points toward their Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score, effectively guaranteeing them an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Canadian permanent residence in the next Express Entry draw.
Only Express Entry candidates with scores of 562 or above under Manitoba's unique Expression of Interest points structure received Letters of Advice to Apply (LAAs) from Manitoba in the June 21 draw.
Registering an Expression of Interest, or EOI, with the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program is the first step toward being considered under its Express Entry Pathway. Also, candidates must have a valid Express Entry profile.
Candidates must also have the confirmed support of a close friend or relative who has been a resident of Manitoba for at least one year.
Manitoba also issued 150 LAAs under the Skilled Worker Overseas Stream to candidates with scores of at least 579 who had the following criteria:
- a close relative residing in Manitoba or past education or work experience in Manitoba;
- at least six months of recent experience in an occupation on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list; and
- a minimum language proficiency of CLB 5 unless work experience is primarily in a regulated occupation (minimum CLB 7) or a compulsory trade (CLB 6).
A further 115 Skilled Worker Overseas candidates with scores of at least 703 were invited directly by the MPNP under a Strategic Recruitment Initiative.
Strategic Recruitment Initiatives include:
- Recruitment missions. These overseas employment/immigration fairs involve MPNP representatives interviewing foreign skilled workers and subsequently inviting them to apply after they have made a formal Expression of Interest (EOI) to the MPNP.
- Exploratory visits. The MPNP may invite people who have undertaken a pre-approved Exploratory Visit and passed an interview with a program official.
Manitoba also invited a total of 213 Skilled Workers in Manitoba candidates with ranking scores of at least 522.
The MPNP said candidates who indicated they are working in a regulated occupation and are fully licensed to work in Manitoba have been selected in this draw.
© 2018 CICNews All rights Reserved