Pour lire cet article en français, cliquez ici.
Quebec’s Immigration Minister David Heurtel said that his ministry is expected to implement new immigration regulations on August 2, 2018.
Minister Heurtel made this announcement on Twitter yesterday and it was retweeted by the Ministère de l’Immigration, et de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion (MIDI) today.
The new regulations, originally outlined in March, include a new Expression of Interest system which is intended to replace the first-come, first-served application process for the Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP), as well as its Mon Projet Quebec application portal.
The Minister’s tweet states that the new system is designed to decrease processing times and help the province of Quebec maximize the potential of the immigration system as a driver for economic growth in the province.
The Government of Quebec runs an autonomous immigration system, and the province has significant independence in creating its own immigration programs.
Speaking to the TVA Nouvelles earlier in May, Minister Heurtel said that the province intends to reduce processing times for economic immigration applications to less than 12 months.
Based on previously announced details from the MIDI, the process of applying under the QSWP is expected to include the following steps (for non-cap-exempt candidates):
The MIDI is expected to reveal more details about the new Quebec Expression of Interest system, including ranking criteria, in the very near future.
Further details will be published on CICNews as they become available. Stay tuned.