Quebec invites 502 candidates in Arrima draw
Quebec invited 502 immigration candidates to apply for permanent selection on August 19.
The Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (MIFI) issued invitations under the Quebec Regular Skilled Worker Program (QSWP).
An EOI is a pre-application screening process. It allows Quebec to select from those who are interested in immigrating to the province, and invite them to submit their application.
This draw comes just one week after Quebec held its biggest Arrima draw of the year.
Invitations are issued according to the needs of Quebec’s labour market. In this draw, Quebec invited those who have a score of at least 548. Their occupation must also be on the list of targeted occupations. These occupations, as well as their corresponding National Occupational Classification (NOC) code, are listed below:
- Computer and information systems managers (NOC 0213);
- Electrical and electronics engineers (NOC 2133);
- Industrial and manufacturing engineers (NOC 2141);
- Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers) (NOC 2147);
- Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2171);
- Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172);
- Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173)
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174);
- Web designers and developers (NOC 2175);
- Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians (NOC 2241);
- Computer network technicians (NOC 2281);
- User support technicians (NOC 2282);
- Information systems testing technicians (NOC 2283);
- Producers, directors, choreographers and related occupations (NOC 5131);
- Graphic arts technicians (NOC 5223);
- Graphic designers and illustrators (NOC 5241);
- Technical sales specialists – wholesale trade (NOC 6221).
This draw is Quebec’s seventh of the year. A total of 1,562 candidates have now been invited to apply for permanent selection by the province.
Quebec’s immigration programs are managed by the province and are distinct from Canada’s federal programs.
However, it is up to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to make the final decision on immigration applications.
What is the Quebec Regular Skilled Worker Program (QSWP)?
The QSWP is for skilled workers who are more likely to establish themselves economically in the province. The program is popular among skilled workers and international graduates.
If you wish to settle in Quebec, you will be assessed under a different system than applicants who want to settle somewhere else in Canada.
Candidates who are invited to apply for permanent selection must do so within six months, starting on the date you submitted all the required information to process your application. This includes all forms and documents.
If successful, you will get a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ or Quebec Selection Certificate). You can then use this document to apply for permanent residence to the Canadian federal government.
If you received an invitation to apply for a Quebec Selection Certificate, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about the next steps regarding your application.
© CIC News All Rights Reserved. Visit CanadaVisa.com to discover your Canadian immigration options.