On November 19, 2016, Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) introduced several improvements to the Express Entry immigration system.
In the wake of these changes, Attorney David Cohen is holding an exclusive free webinar on the topic of the revised system, and how potential immigrants to Canada can take advantage of the improvements that have been made.
The Changes to Express Entry: A Summary
The improvements to the Express Entry system include a reform of the allocation of points in certain areas under the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), and an extension of the time period during which a candidate may submit an application after receiving an Invitation to Apply (ITA). Some of the highlights of these changes include:
- A reform of the allocation of points for a qualifying job offer, from 600 points to 200 or 50 points, depending on the position;
- The introduction of points for a qualifying job offer for certain candidates working in Canada on an LMIA-exempt, employer-specific (closed) work permit;
- The introduction of additional points for eligible candidates who have completed a Canadian post-secondary educational in Canada; and,
- The extension of the submission deadline after receiving an ITA, from 60 days to 90 days.
For more information on how the new points for Canadian education may improve the pathway to Canadian permanent residence for current and potential international students, please consult Attorney David Cohen’s article for the WES Student Advisor blog.
For anyone who is in the Express Entry pool, has received an ITA, or is thinking about starting the immigration process, this webinar is not to be missed. Join us on Tuesday, November 29 or Wednesday, November 30, for an exclusive online information session. During the webinar, Attorney David Cohen will outline the changes to Express Entry, and what they mean for individuals who are considering immigrating to Canada. In a Question and Answer session, Attorney David Cohen will answer questions from individuals around the world about the changes, and about immigration to Canada.
Four sessions of this Webinar will be held. Interested individuals only need to sign up for one session, as the content will remain the same across the four sessions. The Webinar will take place at the following times:
- Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 11 a.m. EST (Montreal/Toronto time)
- Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 3 p.m. EST (Montreal/Toronto time)
- Wednesday, November 30, 2016, 11 a.m. EST (Montreal/Toronto time)
- Wednesday, November 30, 2016, 3 p.m. EST (Montreal/Toronto time)
“These recent changes could improve the chances of people around the world to come to Canada, and it is crucial that these individuals remain up to date with the new situation. I am excited by the prospect of using this technology to engage with a wide audience online,” says Attorney David Cohen. “I hope that you will join me for an informative and interactive experience.
“I particularly encourage current and potential international students and temporary workers in Canada, and skilled workers around the world, to join this webinar. It is important for these individuals to understand the shift in the dynamics of the Express Entry pool since November 19, and how it may improve their chances of receiving an ITA.”
Save your spot for the Webinar today — there are limited spaces available.
To find out if you are eligible to immigrate to Canada permanently, fill out a free online assessment form.
© 2016 CICnews All Rights Reserved