The government of Canada has released its widely anticipated immigration plan for 2017, and the news looks good for individuals looking to immigrate to Canada through one of the economic or family sponsorship programs.
- Target number of newcomers through Federal Skilled Worker Class, Federal Skilled Trades Class, and Canadian Experience Class increases by 23 percent.
- Government aims for 51,000 new immigrants to come through the Provincial Nominee Programs.
- Quebec aims to welcome more than 29,000 through economic programs, including the Quebec Skilled Worker Program.
- Economic immigration to make up a larger share of overall immigration than in 2016.
- More spouses, partners, children, parents and grandparents to arrive through Family Class sponsorship programs.