Finding a Job in Canada: What you Need to Know as a Newcomer
As a newcomer, one of the most important steps in your transition is finding a job in Canada.
Embarking on your job search journey can be both exciting and challenging at the same time. That's why TD and CanadaVisa are here to help you with the job search resources and guidance you need to succeed. We invite you to watch our free webinar: Finding a Job in Canada: What you Need to Know as a Newcomer.
Watch the webinar
Access the webinar slides by clicking here.
What will I learn?
1) Discover the fundamentals of a successful job search as a newcomer in Canada and learn where to begin.
2) Learn about the importance of research and networking in your job search and gain valuable tips on how to expand your network and make meaningful connections.
3) Gain insights on building a strong resume that highlights your skills and work experience effectively.
4) Learn how to build your personal brand and create a positive online presence, which can help increase your visibility and credibility to potential employers.
5) Understand the ins and outs of virtual interviewing and learn about strategies for impressing potential employers in online meetings.
CanadaVisa.com was founded in 1994 as the online platform of the Cohen Immigration Law Firm. Since then, CanadaVisa has grown to be one of the world’s most trusted sources on how to move to Canada and settle here. CanadaVisa’s web properties include cicnews.com and its weekly newsletter, the CanadaVisa Forum, and more. All the resources provided by CanadaVisa are meant to help people around the world access trusted, factual, and timely information to support their Canadian immigration journey.
TD has a proud history of delivering financial solutions to Canadians for more than 150 years. TD also brings a century of experience helping newcomers navigate the unique challenges of the Canadian banking system.
With over a thousand branches, a reputation for excellence in financial services, and the ability to also serve you in more than 50 languages, TD has become one of the largest and most trusted banks in Canada, now serving 16-million Canadians.
TD offers online support and resources of interest to newcomers on topics like banking basics, moving to Canada, credit score essentials and more. TD is open longer hours for your convenience. TD has thousands of ATMs across Canada to help you take care of your everyday banking quickly and easily.